Contribute to NADA
Welcome to NADA
Improving access to recovery for communities worldwide.
If you would like to renew your membership with NADA or are interested in joining NADA, please contact our national office at (888) 765-6232 and we can process your request over the phone. We will also process any literature orders from our bookstore over the phone or you may request an order form and mail in a payment.
-Thank you for your patience and we look forward to serving you-
On-line registration opens 12/1/2012. Look in the November issue of the NADA member newsletter, Guidepoints, for a mail-in registration form.
Spanish for "nothing"
a no-nonsense, non-verbal, no-drug pharmeceutical free, and barrier-free approach to behavioral health
Acu Detox, a five point ear acupuncture protocol for recovery
A not-for-profit training and advocacy organization
Login to your Account
Ethics Pledge for NADA Members and Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists (ADSes)
The following is the ethics pledge that all NADA trainees and members sign prior receiving certification of completion as an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist.
As an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist, I pledge to
1. Believe in the dignity and worth of all human beings and to provide service for the welfare and betterment of all those served by the acudetox treatment, as endorsed by the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA);
2. Use acudetox in a supportive and nurturing way in the recognition of the right to humane treatment of suffering directly or indirectly from alcohol and drug addiction and behavioral health issues in general;
3. Never withhold treatment as punishment or to use acudetox in a programmatically punitive manner;
4. Maintain a professional relationship with all persons served and to refer them to the appropriate service or practitioner promptly when this is not possible;
5. Be committed to a drug-free, sober state for all patients whose primary reason for receiving acudetox is to support their recovery from addictions;
6. Never to do anything that would weaken the physical or mental resistance of a human being, except for strictly therapeutic or prophylactic indications imposed in the interest of the patient;
7. Refrain from undertaking any activity where my personal conduct, including the abuse of alcohol or drugs, is likely to result in inferior professional services, denigrate the profession in general, or constitute a violation of law;
8. Adhere strictly to the established rules of confidentiality of all records, materials and knowledge concerning persons served in accordance with all current government regulations including but not limited to HIPAA;
9. Not associate myself with commerce in such a way as to let it influence, or appear to influence, my attitude towards the treatment of my patients;
10. Not exploit acudetox for personal gain;
11. Make an effort to keep fees within the reach of the general public and to offer sliding fee scales for those patients who require such consideration;
12. At all times to maintain the highest standards in all the services I provide, valuing competency and integrity over expediency or temporary success;
13. Support the concept that ADS training will be offered only by NADA Registered Trainers;
14. Provide accurate information regarding my education, training, experience, professional affiliations, certifications and licensure;
15. Not claim directly or by implication professional qualifications exceeding those that I have actually attained;
16. Recognize the limits of my ability, providing services only in those areas where my training and experience meet recognized professional standards;
17. Accept the fact that training in the acudetox technique does not imply competency to use acupuncture in general unless so trained and licensed;
18. Limit my practice of acupuncture to the NADA protocol unless I am a permitted to perform acupuncture in general under the scope of practice of my professional licensure;
19. Regularly evaluate my own professional strengths and limitations, biases and levels of effectiveness and to strive for self-improvement by seeking professional development through further education and training. When appropriate, I agree to have my technical competencies reviewed by a NADA designated consultant and/or Registered Trainer;
20. Practice acudetox in accordance with State, Provincial and/or Local regulations where such exist;
21. Seek supervision as needed and as required by State, Provincial and/or Local regulations;
22. Respect the integrity of other forms of health care and to make efforts to build bridges and develop collaborative relationships to achieve the best possible care for individual patients;
23. Use acudetox in conjunction with appropriate counseling and supportive services;
24. To contribute my ideas and finding to the general body of knowledge concerning acudetox and acupuncture for behavioral health issues;
25. Make public statements regarding the effectiveness of acudetox that are within the generally accepted experience of the profession as a whole or within the individual practitioner's experience;
26. Use great caution in publishing discoveries and methods of treatment whose value is not yet recognized by the profession at large; and
27. Always recognize that I have assumed a serious social and professional responsibility due to the intimate nature of my work that significantly touches upon the lives of other human beings.
By my signature below I agree to uphold the foregoing pledge:
Printed Name: ______________________________
All rights reserved ©2013 National Acupuncture Detoxification Association